Equipped with connectivity technologies like Cloud printing, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and USB, the HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer is one of the most popular printing machines today. Once you do the wireless setup of the printer, you can use devices like laptops, iPhones, Android phones, tablets, iPads, etc. to print wirelessly. Whether it is your home or small office setup, you can configure the printer and fulfill your both wired and wireless printing requirements. Read on to explore how to do the HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer wireless setup and get answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about this printing machine. HP OfficeJet 5255 Manual
HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer Manual
Your newly purchased HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer comes with a user manual. It includes detailed information on printer specification, the setup procedure, information on HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer Driver, and many more. It is recommended that you carefully go through this manual, especially if you are new to printers. An overview of this manual will also help you prepare to troubleshoot any printer-related issues that may arise in the future.
How to Install HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer Driver?
Installing the printer driver of your HP OfficeJet Printer is mandatory. In most cases, you receive a driver CD along with the printer package. You can simply insert the CD into the optical drive of your printer and follow the on-screen instructions to install it. However, if you didn’t receive it, you need to download the printer software by visiting the official site of HP and then install it. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Visit the official site of HP and navigate to the drivers and download section.
- Type the model number and name of your printer in the search box and press Enter.
- Locate the download link for your HP Printer and click on it.
- Wait for the printer driver to be downloaded. Once downloaded, close the opened tab on your browser.
- Now, double-click on the downloaded printer software and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer Wireless Setup
Performing the HP OfficeJet 5255 wireless setup doesn’t require you to have any technical expertise; however, you must carefully follow the recommended instructions to avoid any error, especially if you are new to printers. Here’s the series of steps involved in setting up your HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer wirelessly:
- Remove the printer from its package and keep it on a flat surface.
- Connect the power adapter of the printer into an electric socket and turn the printer on.
- Go to the “Printers & Scanners” option on your computer and then select the printer settings.
- Click on the Add symbol to add the printer.
- Access the printer’s control panel to enable the wireless feature of the printer.
- Press the WPS button of your wireless router within two minutes of enabling the printer’s wireless feature.
- Click on the “Show Wi-Fi direct printers” link and choose your printer name from the list.
- Tap on your wireless network name from the list of available wireless networks in the printer’s control panel screen.
- Provide the WiFi key and tap on “Connect” to complete the wireless setup of the printer.
Why is my HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer Offline?
Instances might occur when you notice that your HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer is offline and you are not able to print documents. In such cases, you can first restart the printer and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, you should check if your printer is set as the default printer. To check this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Control Panel on your computer.
- Click on the Printers and scanners option.
- Go to Settings and select your printer name.
- Right-click on the printer name and select “set as default”.
After performing the steps mentioned above, restart your printer again and check if the printer is back online.
HP 5255 OfficeJet Printer Not Printing Color? Here’s the Fix!
Is your HP 5255 OfficeJet Printer not printing color? If yes, it can be a frustrating experience. To resolve this, first, check the printer settings on the file you are trying to print. If the file is set up to print in “grayscale”, it will print only in black and white. If you prefer printing the file in color, you need to change the setting to “default”. However, if the settings are fine, you must remove the ink cartridge from the printer and check for the required ink levels. If it is low or empty, replace the ink cartridge with a new one and check if the issue is resolved.
Why Does My HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer Won’t Print Properly?
Instances could occur when you notice that your HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer is not printing properly. Such instances can hamper your productivity at work. While this could be a frustrating experience, you can follow some simple troubleshooting steps as mentioned under:
- Ensure that the printer tray has sufficient and proper sheets of paper.
- Check for the required ink levels in the ink cartridge. If it’s low or empty, replace the cartridge with a new one.
- Check if the printhead is clogged. You can open the access door of the printer and remove the printhead. Clean it with a cloth soaked with lukewarm water.
- Allow your printer to complete the automatic servicing routine.
- Check the paper and print settings before printing a document or a photograph.
How Do I Reset HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer Password?
Resetting the HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer password is simple; however, if you are doing it for the first time, you should be careful. The manual reset of the printer password requires you to first access the Home menu of the printer. The next step requires you to click on the right arrow and select the Setup menu. Next, you need to select “Network” and scroll down the page to locate “Restore Network Defaults”. Finally, click on “Yes” and wait until the printer’s default settings are restored.
Performing the wireless setup of HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer requires you to first carefully read the user manual that comes along with the printer. This is a good practice, especially if you are new to printers. If you want the HP OfficeJet 5255 connect to WiFi, first enable the wireless feature of the printer and then press the WPS button of your router. You can access the printer’s control panel to locate your wireless network and finally tap on it to connect to the WiFi.