It is a platform that Google develops, used for the sole purpose of downloading a copy of data present in Google accounts, we can back up all the data present in Google accounts i.e. drive, Gmail, docs, excel, etc.
After that, we’ll explain the steps to download a copy of data from Google Takeout.
Step-by-step Process of Downloading Data From Google Takeout
- We’ll explain the procedure step-by-step to export data from Google Takeout.
- Firstly go to Google Takeout’s official website
- Sign in with your Email and password as your credentials and hit the login button.
- After that, “Deselect all” the data and select as per your need if you want to just get the details of mail then select the checkbox of Mail service and hit the next step button.
- In choosing the File Type, Frequency, and Destination, you have the option of sending data to a drive, dropbox, or one drive box, we can also select the file size and type as per the user’s requirements. After that hit the Export Button.
- Then you’ll show the progress of downloading data.
- You’ve done it!
Limitations of Downloading Data Manually From Google Takeout
- Google Takeout can’t take backup of multiple user’s account data.
- It provides you with a limited number of attempts to back up your data.
- Whenever we download mailbox data from Google Takeout, your saved file extension will export in an MBOX format.
Export Gmail Emails to Outlook
Outlook is a desktop email client developed by Microsoft Corporation. Mostly, in every scenario, all business professionals as well as individuals use Outlook as a primary platform for sending and receiving email.
Configurations Before Exporting Gmail to PST
- Launch the Outlook application
- Go to the Add Account option, and after that select the radio button showing “Manual setup or additional server types” After that click on “OK”
- Choose “POP or IMAP” from the choose service option, after that click on OK.
- Type user information, server information, and login information. In server information choose the account type “IMAP”, incoming mail server as imap.gmail.com, outgoing mail server as smtp.gmail.com. In Logon information, write your username and password as you received when setting up the app password in Gmail accounts.
- After that click on “More settings”, go to the Advanced section after that type “Outgoing server as 465”, and select the encrypted option to “SSL” in both drop-down menus.
- In the outgoing server option, Tick the checkbox saying ”My outgoing server requires authentication”, and tick the required checkbox saying “Log on using secured password authentication”
- After that, hit “OK” to further proceed to the main dashboard of Outlook.
Export Gmail to PST Using Outlook
- Open Outlook., Click on “File” on the top left of the screen then
- Now, in Outlook go to, “Open & Export” and then click on the “Import/Export” option.
- Pick the “Export to a file” menu. After that, click on the “Next” button,
- After that, select “Export to a file” or any file format as per your need & choose the required folders.
- Browse the location & click on the “OK” button.
Limitations of Manual Method Using Outlook
- It can be very time-consuming to do the simplest task
- Users need to switch from one platform to another
- In manual methods, users haven’t the facility to filter their specific data or folders when they need to.
Automated Solution to Download All Email Attachments
In the above-mentioned paragraphs, we have seen multiple limitations when downloading email data from Gmail by using manual methods. So, in this scenario, our full-proof solution Gmail Backup Tool will help you make things easy you. So that you can expedite your work.
Best Features of Using Our Automated Solution
- With the help of this tool, you can print Gmail messages in PDF, PST, MBOX, etc with all attachments.
- For newbie users, it is easy to download and use. For operating the software, users don’t need any technical expertise.
- This tool will help you to filter out the date, sender information, subject, etc from email.
- It’s fully tested and secured software solutions by SysTools.
- It is compatible with all the major versions of Windows OS.
Step-by-step Process of Using Automated Solution
- First, Download and launch the wizard.
- Authenticate your Gmail account using Login ID and Password
- In the next step, select the category in any file format as per your need.
- Select the Save button from the disk checkbox.
- In the next step, Browse the desired location to save the email files.
- Apply the filter for saving email data in a particular Gmail folder.
- At last, click on the Start button to begin the process of downloading email data.
In the above article, we discussed the manual method as well as an automated method to export Gmail data in various file formats. In many instances, users lose their precious data when downloading data from a manual method. So, experts recommend using Automated Solution by SysTools to expedite your task and save every bit of data without losing any piece of crucial information.