A healthy diet is always advisable irrespective of age, gender, and geographic conditions. Eating unhealthy develop diseases in the body and interrupts its smooth functioning.
These days, many problems have become common such as obesity, high/ low blood pressure, diabetes and many more. Many foods are advised to avoid healthy living, such as fatty foods, fried, high sodium etc.
Considering the current food trends, many people are venturing into the food joints business. To fulfill their dreams, many people are borrowing business start-up loans from the market.
Many people who are unable to borrow money may have the thought going in mind, i.e. “I need money now” to start up their food joint. Food joints have been an increasing trend in many countries, such as the UK and many more.
However, the question that lies here is: Is this junk food good for the body, mind, and soul? Since junk food contains unhealthy and high spices content, it causes many problems in the body.
High sodium diet leads to various diseases. High blood pressure is one of them and can lead to other serious problems in the body.
Following a simple step of reducing the amount of sodium in your food can pave the way for a healthy heart and life. You will experience the following benefits upon reducing the sodium amount in your food:
- Lowers blood pressure: When reduced, the sodium amount in your food decreases the amount of fluid in the blood, leading to lower blood pressure.
- Decreases the risk of a heart attack: Managing your blood pressure reduces the pressure, on your heart, thereby reducing the potential damage and chances of a heart attack.
- Lowers LDL cholesterol: High cholesterol in the body leads to metabolic syndrome. With the increasing trend of consumption of packaged foods, cholesterol levels have gone high in individuals.
- Prevent congestive heart failure: Pressuring your heart can cause difficulty in its functioning, leading to heart failure. Putting pressure on the heart may make it difficult for it to push blood through blood vessels.
- Decreased risk of kidney damage: Gradually, due to high sodium, the kidney becomes weak and narrow. This weakening and narrowing of the kidney may lead to kidney failure.
- Reduced chance of stroke: If the blood flow to your brain is decreased, it can increase the chances of a stroke. Therefore, to balance the flow, a low sodium diet is recommendable.
- Lessen the chance of a brain aneurysm: Like mentioned earlier, if the blood pressure is high, it can cause the blood vessels in the brain to weaken, eventually leading to life-threatening consequences.
- Protection of vision: Do carrots really protect your vision? High blood pressure can lead to torn blood vessels in the eyes, ultimately leading to vision loss. To avoid this damage, you should consume natural and low sodium foods such as carrots.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes: Packaged or convenience foods tend to increase the chances of getting diabetes as they contain high sodium and sugar contents.
- Improves memory: A healthy mind lives in a healthy body. The health of your brain is dependent on your thinking ability and memory building capacity. A high blood pressure reading can have an effect on the blood flow to the brain, eventually leading to irreversible damage.
- Lowers dementia risk: Dementia is a serious condition that is caused by the slowed blood flow to the brain.
- Reduces the chances of arteries being thickened or hardened: If you are suffering from continuous high blood pressure, it may make the arteries walls thicker and harder. In this case, it makes the blood movement difficult. The blood flow through stiff vessels gets difficult hence leading to a blockage.
- Reduces swelling and bloating: High sodium content on the body increases fluid retention in the body. On the contrary, a low sodium diet reduces bloating and swelling in the body.
- Reduces the drinking amount: High salt foods make you more dehydrated and thirstier. You may have noticed; we often quench our thirst with high calorie or aerated drinks. If you reduce the sodium content in your diet, you will have a reduced urge for such unhealthy drinks.
- Keep a check on salt cravings: Your taste buds adapt to your changing tastes and preferences. If you increase your salt intake, your taste buds adapt accordingly. So, if you decrease your sodium content, your taste buds will adapt without any problem.
- Reduced headaches: With the same underlying concept, i.e, the expansion of blood vessels due to high sodium content, it can cause a severe headache.
- Stronger bones: The quantity of salt controls the calcium present in your bones. Calcium is an important need of the body to keep the bones healthy and strong. A high-salt diet can lead to the weakening of bones, thereby reducing the calcium content in the bones.
- Fewer Kidney Stones: Kidney stones are caused when the calcium present in the body is thrown out of the body through the urine passage. High sodium diet leads to an increased quantity of calcium that is difficult to process by the kidneys.
- Pumps the heart effectively: Pressurizing your heart can make it thick. If you try to squeeze a balloon full of water, many forces go into the activity. Similarly, high blood pressure causes stress on the heart walls making its pumping difficult.
- Lowers the chances of stomach cancer: A bacteria named Helicobacter pylori is one of the biggest factors leading to stomach cancer. This bacterium lives on high-salt content. To avoid its growth, it is important to consume a low sodium diet.