To set up an HP wireless printer setup on Windows, follow the steps below:
- Unpack the printer package: Start by removing the printer from the box and removing all of the tape and packing material. Remove the packing material from the scanner glass if your printer is an all-in-one. Remove any packing material from the vicinity of the carriage and the paper input tray.
- Connect the printer to a power source: Connect the printer to a power source and turn it on. Then, from the Control Panel, set the country, time, and region.
- Ink cartridge alignment and installation: The ink cartridges must now be installed and aligned.
- Start by removing the ink cartridge access door. Before proceeding to the next step, the user must wait patiently until the carriage is idle and silent.
- Remove the tape from the ink cartridges with extreme caution before inserting them into the carriage.
- Finally, to complete the ink cartridge alignment, follow the instructions on the alignment page.
- Load the stack of plain white paper into the main input tray: Load the stack of plain white paper into the main input tray. guides in gently until they do not rest against the paper’s edges.
- Obtain the printer’s registration: You can register your printer by creating an account with HP. This step, however, is optional.
- Finally, sign up for HP instant ink from the HP official website as the final step. This would ensure that ink cartridges were replaced as needed.
- Download and install the printer driver, then connect it to your computer: Follow the steps below to download, install, and connect the printer to your computer:
- Start by going to the HP official website. To download the correct driver, enter your printer model and OS version here.
- Install the downloaded software now.
- Finally, when prompted, select the connection type and carefully follow the onscreen instructions.
Without a CD, how to set up an HP printer wirelessly
The following steps can be used to HP wireless printer setup without the use of a CD:
- The very first action is to see if the printer is able to connect to a network via a wireless connection.
- Then, according to the user manual, locate the power button and turn it on.
- Connect the printer to the router once it has been turned on.
- The most crucial step in setting up an HP Wireless printer without a CD is to do this.
- To do so, go to HP’s official website or 123.hp.com/setup and start the printer driver installation process. Make sure to enter the printer’s exact model number.
- Now you can start the driver download and move on to the next step.
- After that, go to HP’s website and download the HP smart app, which will help you with the setup.
- Until the setup is complete, click the ‘next’ option in the setup window. The “ready to use” option will appear on the display screen once the setup is complete.
- Users are now ready to begin printing with your HP printer.
Setup an HP Printer with USB: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Place your printer in close proximity to the computer you want to connect to. This includes double-checking that the printer is within the cable’s reach of the computer.
- To provide your printer with electricity, plug it into a power source and turn it on. On your printer, there is a power button that must be pressed to turn it on.
- Simply plug the printer’s USB cable into your computer’s USB port to connect the printer to your computer.
- Go to “devices and printers.”
- After that, select ‘printer and scanner’.
- When you press on printers and scanners, a row called ‘add a new printer or scanner’ appears. Select it by clicking on it.
- The name of your printer will now appear in a box with an additional ‘add device option’ that must be clicked.
Continue clicking next until your printer setup is complete!