Food delivery apps have become an integral part of people’s lives. The comfort of availing of our favorite food at doorsteps is making these online platforms indispensable in today’s fast-paced world. Contrastingly, restaurants that evaded these third-party food delivery platforms have no way but joining hands with such platforms in the near future.
The number of people using UberEats like apps is increasing exponentially, and the number currently stands at 92.76 million. With digitization becoming inevitable, these numbers will continue to grow in a positive trajectory in the upcoming years.
Are you an entrepreneur who has the idea of launching a trendsetting food delivery app in your locality? If so, you need a clear approach as to how to transform your ideas into an ultra-modern UberEats clone. This blog discusses such an all-encompassing feature-set worth-considering during food delivery app development.
The team that can transform your visions
You need an expert technical team of various departments working in unison to give shape to your ideas and assist you throughout the app development journey. It is better to pre-equip yourselves with these resources to eliminate hurdles down the way. You need a seasoned team that involves,
- Front-end developers
- Graphic designers
- Business development executives
- Back-end developers
- Project manager
- QA Engineers
- Marketing experts (Branding + ASO)
The different stakeholders involved
Be wary of the fact that your food delivery community involves four stakeholders. They include,
- Delivery drivers
- The admin
Developing a separate app and regulating them seamlessly will pave the way for a sustainable ecosystem that perfectly balances the supply-demand concept. Let’s discuss the features of these individual apps in the upcoming section.
Features of Customer app:
- Easy onboarding: Upon downloading, customers register with the platform by specifying basic information or logging in via social media handles.
- Search and filter options: Customers can browse a wide range of restaurants and eatables on the platform and narrow down their search result effortlessly via impeccable filter options.
- Book now or schedule for later: Customers can place their orders instantly or schedule them for a future date. This scheduling feature is an excellent customer retention strategy, as well.
- Multiple payment gateways: Customers can pay using a multitude of payment gateways, including credit/debit cards, digital wallets, net banking, etc.
- Real-time tracking: Customers can track their order status anytime and anywhere with the aid of in-app tracking options. They get the estimated time of arrival of delivery drivers as well.
- Push notifications: Users get instant updates on their order status, offers & discounts, etc., via push notifications.
- Ratings and reviews: Users can share their experience with fellow users via ratings and reviews.
Features of Restaurant executive app:
- Profile update: Restaurants executives can update their restaurant profile by specifying detailed information like working hours, location, etc.
- Availability toggle: Restaurants can switch between their availability with a single tap, leading to enhanced flexibility.
- Accept/reject requests: Restaurant executives can accept or turn down user requests based on their preferences.
- Intuitive dashboard: Restaurant executives get a detailed overview of their past/ongoing/upcoming orders through the unified dashboard.
- Earnings tab: Restaurant executives can view their weekly/monthly earnings seamlessly through the earnings tab.
Features of Delivery Driver app:
Features like availability, accept/reject requests, earnings tab, etc., are similar to both delivery drivers and restaurant executives as they are service providers. However, the delivery driver app comes with other cutting-edge elements like,
- Manage multiple orders: Delivery drivers can pick-up multiple orders when heading in the same direction, thereby conserving time and energy.
- In-app navigation: Delivery drivers can reach restaurants and customer locations in no time via in-app navigation.
- In-app chat/call: Delivery drivers can communicate with customers and restaurant executives via the call or chat option.
Features of the Admin panel:
The admin is the supervising authority, regulating the app activity from a single place. It is vital to integrate features that can help an admin carry out his role effortlessly.
- Bird’s eye view: The admin has access to the entire app activity from a single place with this bird’s eye view feature.
- Verify service providers: It is the responsibility of the admin to verify service providers like restaurants and delivery drivers on their authenticity before enabling them to provide customer services.
- CRM dashboard: The admin can reach out to customers and resolve their queries in a flash via a CRM dashboard.
- Manage transactions: The admin can manage transactions between users and service providers after the necessary commission cut-down.
- Manage offers/discounts: The admin can roll out offers and discounts to customers from time-to-time, thereby engaging them fleetly.
- Real-time analytics: The admin can generate reports based on various metrics like performance, sales, ratings, etc., paving the way for informed business decisions.
Stand-apart features worth-considering
Apart from these essential attributes, there are unique elements that add value to the UberEats clone comprehensively. Here’s a list of cutting-edge elements that you do not want to miss out on.
- In-app wallet: Eliminate the need to enter account details every time by incorporating an e-wallet feature that facilitates instant transfers.
- Ordering via chatbots: Propel customer convenience by enabling them to order via chatbots. This way, first-time users needn’t navigate through the app entirely for placing orders.
- Multi-lingual support system: Gain a global presence to your food delivery platform by introducing your multi-lingual support feature. Moreover, build a massive local reputation by enabling your audience to access the platform in their regional language.
- Multiple orders in a single time: Enable users to place multiple orders from different restaurants in a single time. This way, users can enjoy different cuisines from their favorite places, concurrently.
- Reorder: Enhance customer convenience by enabling them to reorder from their previous order history. This way, they needn’t go through the same-old ordering process once again.
While building an app like UberEats is easy, making it successful invariably depends on the entrepreneur’s USPs (Unique Selling Propositions). Integrating the perfect blend of unique and stand-apart features can lure the audience towards a food delivery platform. Launch your feature-packed UberEats clone today and boost your profits substantially in the shortest possible time.