Bangalore is widely called India’s IT capital and is host to some of the top Engineering colleges in India. These colleges offer full-time B Tech courses that are a pathway to an Engineering career. In Bangalore, there are around 106 Engineering colleges offering B Tech courses, out of these 75% of colleges are private and the rest are public Engineering colleges.
An undergraduate degree in the field of Engineering is called either B Tech and BE. The general duration of these courses is four years, divided into eight semesters. Since demand for trained engineers is strong in all industries, it would be of great benefit to doing an undergraduate Engineering degree from one of the top Engineering colleges in Bangalore. B.Tech degree in India is offered through different specialisations. Some of the most popular are as follows:
- Engineering for Computer Science
- Engineering Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Although B Tech is today offered in various specializations, in Bangalore, The specialty in Computer Science Engineering is the most sought after and provides bright opportunities for the growth of students.
B Tech course eligibility requirements may vary from college to college. However, certain eligibility criteria are commonly found across colleges. These include:
- Candidates must qualify Class 12 with a minimum of 60 percentile in total from a recognised university with the subject areas Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (the pass percentage may vary in different colleges)
- Admission is merit-based, written review, Group Discussion, or Personal Interview and varies from college to college
Research selection according to B Tech
- Students that invest in higher education deliver long-term benefits. Some students can select programmes such as M Tech / ME and MS, while some continue to take business administration courses such as MBA.
- Many universities administer their own admission exams, but the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) examination is the most common exam for M Tech admission.
- A lot of students go to a foreign university for an MS degree. TOEFL / IELTS (English proficiency tests) and GRE must be simple to get scholarships to do MS.
- The Popular Admission Test (CAT) examination is the most common test for MBA admissions.
Following is the list of top Engineering BTech colleges in Bangalore:
|College||NIRF Ranking||Course Fees (in Rs)|
|BMS College of Engineering||22||2.38|
|Ramaiah Institute of Technology||27||2.38|
|NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology – NMIT||67||2.38|
|New Horizon College of Engineering – NHCE||99||1.75|
|DayanandSagar College of Engineering – DSCE||100||2.38|
How reasonable is B Tech in Bangalore for studying?
- It can be estimated that pursuing B Tech in Bangalore is a bit costly on the basis of the below pie map, as approximately 48 percent of the colleges have course / annual fees ranging from Rs 2-3 lakh.
- Some of these colleges are RVCE, BMS Engineering College, Dr. Ambedkar Technology Institute, M.S. Ramaiah Applied Sciences University, and so on.
- The fees are more than Rs 5 lakh for about 24 percent of schools. Cambridge Institute of Technology, K R Puram, Engineering and Technology Faculty, M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, GITAM School of Technology, NHCE Bangalore, and so on, are some of these schools.
- Approximately 14 percent of B Tech schools have a relatively costly fee structure ranging from Rs 3-5 lakh. Some of those colleges are RNS Technology Institute, Ramaiah Technology Institute, RVCE Bangalore, Raja Rajeswari Engineering College, and so on.
- Fees range from Rs 1-2 lakh for about 7 percent of schools. Some of them are Sai Vidya Institute of Technology, NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Gopalancollege of business and Management, PES University- Electronic City Campus, and so on.