There are various reasons behind the growing importance of lawn signs. Whether you are associated with political campaigns or looking for some sales, these signs will work magically for you. But, it is important for you to know the right materials used for manufacturing these yard sign. Unless you are sure of the materials used for making these signs, you will never know if you are making the right bargain or not.
Most of these signs are placed outdoor, so they have to be made using sturdy and durable materials. If not, then the chances are high that you might be missing out on a lot. The sigs should be able to withstand harsh weather conditions. So, whether it is stormy outside or you are just going through a heavy monsoon season, these signs should stand erect in their given places without tearing apart.
Corrugated plastic is the main one:
Among all the available options, corrugated plastics, also known as coroplast, are the greatest choices you can possibly make. Even the majority of the sign manufacturers rely on coroplast for making the perfect signs.
- These materials are light in weight and are double-sided sheets. They are made either by using polyethylene or polypropylene.
- Polyethylene is mainly used for manufacturing poly bag signs, which are durable when compared to some other similar materials like corrugated fiberboard.
- So, not just for the outdoor signs, but you can use this same material for making long-lasting indoor signs.
Acrylic is another option to give out a try:
Another common option that you can work with is acrylic or Plexiglas materials. It is one glass substitute, which is not just durable but also transparent to look at.
- This form of material is widely used as the top choice for backlit signage.
- You can even use this material for the 3D lettering, as it helps the mages and letters to stand out.
- Make sure to use this material for that vibrant and upscale look, and you won’t have to go for another material for sure.
Now for the foamcore:
Also known as foam board, foam-core is mainly designed for indoor signs, as you can see in event centers or lobby. Here, these signs are for temporary use. The material is pretty light in weight and might not be a good choice for the outdoor windy scenarios. But these yard sign are pretty rigid.
Aluminum is also gaining popularity nowadays:
If you are looking for a modern choice, noted to have a baked-enamel option, then the colored signs are the ones for you to watch out for. Aluminum is always a durable option and noted to have a corrosion-proof service. Most of the time, aluminum is widely used for long-term signs, whether outdoor or indoor. These signs are mainly seen in parking lots, on fencing, or for any traffic purpose.
These are a few of the many materials used for manufacturing lawn signs. MDO, ACM, and more such options are waiting for you to grab!