Technology is rapidly advancing, and the increase in the need for storage and processing power led to the rise of cloud computing. Cloud computing has popularly expanded itself across numerous industries. Its advanced technology has replaced the costly and lengthy installation, buying servers, hardware, and licenses.
Two things that organized the rise of cloud computing in a vast way are big data cloud computing and cloud data storage. However, for an organization that wants to switch to cloud computing, it can be pretty challenging at first.
As you would need to take a critical decision at choosing a cloud computing platform, out of the many, that would positively affect your business’s short- and long-term goals. This post would cover the difference between and evaluate the two dominating platforms in the cloud computing market, Oracle Cloud vs Amazon AWS. It would help you to find the right solution for business needs.
What is it?
In Oracle Cloud, you get an integration that would give your business access to their global cloud infrastructure. Customers can quickly integrate, develop and monitor custom software solutions without issues while building their first IT infrastructure.
Oracle Cloud combines their company’s infrastructure as a service (Software-as-a-Service), their platform as a service, and, finally, their data as a service solution, all under its cloud infrastructure.
Oracle Cloud’s Capabilities
- It offers a wide range of app development cloud services such as container, blockchain, IoT, Java, and much more.
- It offers cloud services such as business Analytics embracing autonomous analytics, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, and much more.
- For customer services, it offers cloud solutions.
- Offers management of content and experience.
- Data Management, Data Integration, and Enterprise Integration.
- Oracle Cloud security offers safety and compliance solutions.
- It enables you to administer the entire cloud platform through its system management capabilities.
The Advantages of Using Oracle Cloud
The significant advantage of using Oracle Cloud is offering a wide range of products and services as an integration. That means companies can get more services in their package without the need for third-party investment, which keeps their costs low.
Another significant advantage of Oracle Cloud is that it offers integrated technology in a compatible system that includes databases, middleware, and apps. Also, customers can benefit from using its robust customization capabilities, where they can set the cloud service as per their requirements.
The Disadvantages of Using Oracle Cloud
Oracle Cloud’s price can be the demotivating factor, especially for startups who are not well funded.
Also, there have been reviews about the solution’s poor performance. NET.
The usable products offered by Oracle Cloud aren’t enough the meet most companies’ requirements, even with the bundle of essential services. And if a company would require a comprehensive platform, you may need to invest more.
Oracle Cloud Pricing
As estimating the cost of running workloads can be difficult for most businesses, Oracle Cloud offers a predictable one. Its pricing model is pay-as-you-go, which has no upfront commitment, and service period, the customer needs for the resources being used.
There is a Universal Credits tier, where customers can select a monthly spending commitment, then utilize any cloud services. They would get discounts if they commitment to at least a year for $1,000 monthly credit.
What is it?
Amazon AWS is currently dominating the cloud service market. After its first launch in 2006, it rapidly dominated the cloud computing industry. Also, Amazon Cloud is the leader in the cloud computing market share.
It is one of the ideal choices due to the support it provides for emerging technologies, such as Machine Learning, Augmented Reality, and IoT (Internet of Things).
Amazon Cloud’s Capabilities
- Cloud computing includes a virtual server: Amazon EC2, Elastic Container Services, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk (Web apps), AWS Lambda, VMware Cloud, and much more.
- It offers storage supports for block, scalable, hybrid, managed, and low-cost archives that include EBS, S3, Elastic File System, Glacier, Storage Gateway, and other data transport functionalities.
- RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, and other databases are supported.
- Migrations tools and Developer tools are offered.
- Its management tools enable a user to monitor workloads, track user activity, configuration, performance optimization, security, and other critical processes.
- Content delivery and networking.
- The media optimization function primarily focuses on improving the functionalities related to videos.
- Its security governs multiple levels of protection, compliance management, and identity.
- Business Productivity and analytics.
- Cloud services for mobiles and much more.
The Advantages of Using Amazon AWS
Amazon AWS offers many cloud-based solutions, which gives it a step ahead of its competitors. It also provides comprehensive consulting partners and third-party software vendors that would help its customer seamlessly migrate the software, manage and implement it.
Amazon AWS has its footprint worldwide, which helps to provide multilingual customer support.
The Disadvantages of Using Amazon AWS
Though Amazon Cloud offers advanced capabilities, its implementation can be a little complicated. That means, companies who are shifting to Amazon AWS must have experience with cloud computing service; if not, they may struggle during the implementation.
Amazon’s Aurora, Redshift, and DynamoDB databases are compatible only with AWS. It also locks the databases into its ecosystem, which results in no flexibility.
Amazon Cloud Pricing
Amazon offers a pay-as-you-go tier, which includes more than 160 cloud services. Customers pay for the services they use, and there are no licensing or long-term contracts. AWS offers volume-based discounts; as the usage increases, you save more.
Amazon Cloud also offers a free tier for a year, where you get to use more than 60 products. However, you would need to sign-up to Amazon AWS.
Final Thoughts: Oracle Cloud vs Amazon AWS
If a company properly understands its requirements and capabilities, it won’t be difficult for them to choose between Oracle Cloud vs Amazon AWS. Though they compete in the same market, there are differences in their cloud platforms.
To choose the right cloud service provider that depends on your business’s cloud-based solution. Oracle Cloud offers a wide range of services but in contrast to AWS. Before choosing a service provider, one tip utilises the pricing calculator, each of them provides and sees which one is more appealing.