The year 2020 was a year full of hardships, which affected the global population and businesses of all sizes. Changing oneself was the only alternative. The technology drifts also shifted and evolved to meet customers’ requirements, supply chains, users, and systems. Companies retooled their teams so that they could now better meet business demands. They were looking to pivot either to a completely new direction or to a way that will keep them floating.
This was all about the last year, but what about 2021? Will the pandemic still affect the IT sector, and will things settle down so that businesses can go back to their usual norm? Well, it seems like this year will see a shift towards the usual norm but with a little twist in some of the sectors. One of the major sectors is software product development outsourcing, an innovative phenomenon that has greatly altered the ways things work in this quickly growing IT industry. Tons of companies starting from small-sized startups to big corporations turned to outsourced IT services because of all benefits. But the question is will it continue to benefit businesses in 2021. Let us understand it by discussing the future trends and potential benefits of IT outsourcing in 2021.
What were the benefits businesses get from IT outsourcing companies?
As per the statistics, more than 70% of the IT companies hire outsourcing teams. Most of them are planning to continue to develop by utilizing managed IT services. Because of the pandemic, the business circle faced some major challenges. By implementation of software product development, outsourcing companies easily navigated through the rough times. It helps in optimizing their resources and enhancing overall productivity. Have a look at some of the major benefits of outsourcing IT services:
- Premium-quality services
- Focus on core competence
- Easy to find experts with some rare skills
- Fast development
This was all about the benefits that businesses get by outsourcing IT services, but after going through many hardships in the year 2020, what is the future of IT outsourcing in 2021? Projections show that companies will look for some new ways to make outsourcing more effective and decrease risks.
Now let’s have a brief discussion on how IT outsourcing companies will affect business growth in this new year.
- The focus will be on important tasks: Some topmost tendencies show that IT outsourcing will change its focus from some of the non-core activities to important ones. The aim will be to save money by obtaining access to some of the skilled and experienced IT experts for complicated tasks.
- Cost-saving will continue: Pandemic that led to a financially unstable situation has shown that decreasing expenses should be the main focus. More and more companies will turn to outsource as hiring a skilled in-house team is expensive. It’s better to use the cost that was saved for other requirements of the company.
- Standardizing IT outsourcing services: Another relevant change is business will alter some of the standardized services rather than customized ones. The reason behind this is that customized solutions are usually expensive. Companies can utilize money in searching for potential clients and developing novel business strategies. This tendency of optimizing costs will make the automation tools more popular. They will facilitate the development of some new opportunities and decreasing staff for business application maintenance.
- It will still benefit small projects: Software product development outsourcing for startups will increase and slowly become the new normal. Big corporations will also continue outsourcing to some of the topmost outsourcing companies, but there will be a huge boost in startup outsourcing their IT services. They will be looking for more dependable service providers that are flexible and specialized in a particular sphere.
- Growth in cloud sourcing: It is estimated that cloud sourcing will mix with the existing outsourcing market. It will give enhanced opportunities for the whole industry, and the reason behind this is flexibility, cost-efficiency, and better adaptation. This IT outsourcing company must change its infrastructure to become more and more cloud-enabled.
IT outsourcing companies were like a lifesaver for businesses during the economic crisis in the year 2020. It will remain in this leadership position and continue benefitting businesses in the coming years with all its new trends. With more businesses operating from home and companies cutting down the cost of new employment, IT outsourcing will become the foremost requirement for them. More businesses will think of outsourcing their operations to expert IT companies in order to save some money and keep their businesses afloat during the crisis.