A highly desired gemstone, turquoise is found in beautiful greenish-blue color. Its name comes from the French word, which means Turkish. It was named so because the gem was first found there and then brought to Europe. It took so many years to form the gemstone, and it was one of the first gemstones ever mined. As a result, the stone has a rich history and is being used in jewelry for a long time now.
The ancient Egyptians have been cherishing turquoise jewelry for thousands of years. Aztecs made turquoise masks. In recent times, the Zuni and Navajo tribes of the Native Americans produce the most famous silver turquoise bracelets, earrings, pendants, rings, and brooches. The talisman of kings and warriors is a stone of protection, and it has relaxing properties.
Healing Energy of a Turquoise:
The gemstone has magical healing properties. It provides solace to the soul and brings a sense of serenity and peace. It is beneficial to wear this gemstone when you feel your spirits weighed down. It will give you relief from stress and bring the focus back to the heart.
It will work as the stone of purification and remove all the negative energy from your aura. It will also help remove the ill effects of electromagnetic smog on the wearer. The gemstone is effective in promoting self-realization. As it works on the throat chakra, it will de-stress you while speaking in public. Turquoise will also help you deal with mood swings and calm you down. Sagittarians should wear Turquoise jewelry as it will help them not to react to situations without thinking. It will calm you down in those situations.
Blue is the color of hope and balance. Its energies will relieve you from depression, panic attacks, and problems related to the eyes, ears, neck, and throat. Migraine, cataracts can also be cured with this gemstone.
What to Look for When Buying This Gemstone?
- The color of turquoise matters a lot. The stone can be found in sky-blue, deep-blue, medium-blue, blue-green, green, and sea-green colors. The medium blue color is termed as a most valuable one.
- Cut: The gemstone is mostly cut into cabochons, ovals, and beads. It is also faceted sometimes.
- Clarity of a Turquoise: The stone is generally opaque. The translucent ones are also available but are rare. The gemstone has these inclusions in the web patterns. These can be dense or light. Inclusions or no inclusions, both varieties have their own admires.
- Buying turquoise jewelry can be your best decision. It can be your everyday accessory as well as occasional wear jewelry. Wear it as a complementing color against neutrals, grays, nudes, or black color. You can also combine it with warm colors.
- You can go for minimalist turquoise jewelry pieces like a small size turquoise pendant or a ring. And if you are thinking of enhancing your party outlook with turquoise accessories, you can pick a big-size cocktail ring or a big-size necklace.
- Turquoise rings are also preferred as wedding rings nowadays. They give a boho vibe. You can choose a modern or a vintage design. At Rananjay Exports, you can pick from a vast collection of turquoise accessories.
How Can You Take Proper Care of the Gemstone?
Although the stone is pretty hard with 5-6 hardness on the Mohs scale, it needs to be protected from other harder stones than turquoise. Keep it stored separately from your other jewelry pieces. You can store it in a jewelry box with secure padding.
It is advised that you take your jewelry off while exercising or cleaning because, during this time, there are maximum chances of the jewelry getting accidental hits with hard surfaces. This can result in scratches on the gem. Also because during cleaning, you might use harsh cleaners which are not suitable for the stone.
You can use a soft, damp cloth and wipe the gemstone with it or soap water for cleaning. Make sure to wipe the stone gently afterward to maintain the luster. Avoid using ultrasonic cleaners for turquoise.
Where to Buy Turquoise Jewelry?
You would want to buy your gemstone jewelry from a place where you can get it customized, and yes, quality is a priority, and you get it all at Rananajay Exports. They have authentic gemstone jewelry made in 925 sterling silver, and they have a wide variety of designs in turquoise accessories. They deal in wholesale silver gemstone jewelry.
Turquoise is a gemstone that will take you towards the path of happiness. It will protect and heal you thoroughly. It is regarded as a sacred stone that brings luck to the wearer. It can cure sickness and fill the wearer with hope and positivity. It will keep you calm and away from worries.