The coronavirus and lockdown situation has brought an extreme change in the way we live and work. Rather than visiting a grocery store, customers prefer to give orders online and get groceries delivered to their doorstep. And due to this, grocery delivery applications come into the picture.
There are 3 sorts of grocery apps that assist the customers to opt for the service they require the most. There are many applications similar to Bigbasket, Instacart, which influence the traditional way of shopping and bring more benefits to the customers.
- E-commerce Grocery App: Irrespective of user location, e-commerce grocery apps allow customers to buy grocery items. It’s best for those individuals who want better delivered their orders as per their preferred time and date.
- In-store Grocery App: In this kind of grocery apps, it displays all the categories of grocery items along with their specification. It provides a virtual view of stores where the customers can buy the products.
- Personalized Grocery App: With this type of grocery apps, you can make the shopping experience to the next level for the buyers. These applications assist the end-user to buy the item by sharing the list with the store and get the products whenever they require.
How does the on-demand grocery delivery app works?
log in / signup: Customers ought to register in the application if they are utilizing it for the first time or can log in if they have already registered.
Search products: After successful login, customers can find the grocery items available in the stores using the search option.
Add to cart: After deciding the items they want to purchase, they can add the list of groceries to the cart and proceed to buy.
Order checkout: Now customers can proceed for checkout and make payment through multiple ways of modes such as in-app wallet, credit/debit cards, COD, etc.
Order processing: The grocery store receives the new-order request. Once the grocery store receives the order request they accept it, process them, and hand it over to the delivery boy.
Track order: Once the order is out for delivery, the customer will be notified via push notifications. Customers can track the delivery boy’s location utilizing the application.
Order delivered: The order is delivered to the customer’s doorsteps.
Review and ratings: After completion of the successful delivery, customers can rate the delivery boy out of 5 based on the services they receive.
Significance of grocery delivery apps
Unlike traditional grocery shopping, app-based online shopping allows people to get rid of standing in a long line for bill payment. Individuals can place their orders online from anywhere and get them delivered to their doorsteps easily. Also, as a grocery store owner, you can facilitate your customers to pay online as per their convenience by developing your own on demand grocery delivery app.
In this modern and digital world, with an online grocery app, you can take your business to a new level as you can give a personalized experience to your customers and augment the loyal customer base. What’s more, the stunning UI of your application can assist to retain customers with your business for a long time. As per the recent survey, online grocery sales will cover around 20% of the market, and the grocery delivery apps will play a key role in accomplishing this objective.
If you are also thinking of developing a grocery app for your offline store, you must consider including these must-have features.
Customer app features
- Social media login: Allow customers to log in through their social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. for quick login.
- Search and filter option: Quick search allowed to find the products easy and fast & filter option to sort the products.
- Schedule delivery: Allow customers to choose the delivery time and date as per their convenience.
- Re-order: Re-order feature for easy and fast ordering of products.
- Multiple payment options: Allow multiple payment options such as credit/debit cards, eWallets, COD, etc.
- Real-time tracking: Customers can track their orders in real-time and get the exact time of arrival of their orders.
- Push notifications: Push notifications to remind the customers about any offers and discounts.
- Offers and discounts: Notify customers of all the available offers and discounts and display them here.
Delivery boy app features
- Easy registration
- Document verification
- Availability toggle
- Accept or reject the request
- Track customer’s location
- Earnings report
- Push notifications
Store owners app features
- Easy login
- Manage products
- Manage categories
- Inventory management
- Order alerts
- Manage orders
- Earning reports
- Real-time tracking
Admin panel features
- Powerful admin dashboard
- Manage stores
- Manage customers
- Assign orders
- Track orders
- Manage payments
- Manage offers and discounts
- Analytics report
How you can make money with your app?
- Subscription or membership fees
- Third-party Ad banner
- Delivery service fees
- Cancellation fees
COVID19 safety features you can integrate into your app
- Contactless deliveries
- Mask verification
- Safety badge
- Safety checklist
How much would it cost you to build up an on-demand grocery delivery app?
The cost of developing a grocery app depends on many factors like the complexity of the project, the platform you choose (Android or iOs or both) and the app development company you choose, company geo-location because it changes from country to country. Still, if you want to know the exact cost, you can contact PeppyOcean, the best and reputed on demand app development company.