Magnanimously preoccupied lives and lofty pollution has rendered our skin dull and lifeless. There is no time to indicate the nutritious tired and a lot of time for skincare. Many other factors such as junk food, lack of sleep, and aging can deprive the skin of a healthy natural glow. Regardless of the causes, the results are exceedingly demotivating. They mar self-confidence and trigger self-doubt. Irrespective of age, everyone yearns to look fabulous. But having a dull facade can take a toll on one’s perceptions. Hence, there are skin rejuvenation treatments available in the market to recoup the lost glow.
People are seeking these treatments and receiving evident results. Apart from harnessing the therapy, one must also make prudent lifestyle choices to savor the efficacy induced by skin rejuvenation treatments. There are several approaches to go about this process. Contingent on subjective decisions, one can make an informed choice. These skin rejuvenation treatments, as the name suggests, enhances its quality. Such procedures are not meant to transform a person’s skin entirely but better it and make them feel more confident in their skin.
TYPES OF SKIN REJUVENATION TREATMENTS AVAILABLE
1) Chemical peels: Chemical peels, short for Chemexfoliation, are created using several formulas to revive the skin. It employs trichloroacetic acid, Glycolic acid, salicylic acid, etc., and others that heal scars inflicted by wounds. These chemicals work in cumulation to improve our skin’s texture and work their magic on spots and wrinkles.
The epidermis is the topmost layer of our skin. All the dirt and impurities settle on the epidermis. Applying a chemical peel on the skin and scrubbing it off causes friction. This enables the dead skin to be activated and for the removal of dirt and bacteria. The result is improved skin quality. It takes a few weeks for results to be evident.
2) Dermabrasion: This is another tool used for skin exfoliation and to remove the topmost layer of one’s face. It is applied in a rotating motion, and the new layers of the skin appear more smooth and fresh. Dermabrasion penetrates the layers of the skin profoundly and addresses issues like fine lines. It diminishes scars, sunspots, and even skin tone.
A proficient dermatologist implements this procedure. They begin the method by giving anesthesia to the skin and numbing it. The recovery period is slightly longer; hence the doctor demands their patients be wary and designates certain dos and don’ts. They call this outpatient procedure.
3) Laser resurfacing: Laser treatments employ light and heat for rejuvenating the outermost layer of the skin. It stimulates collagen growth which enhances the skin’s texture and evens the skin tone. It is a myth that laser treatments harm the surrounding skin. It causes mild redness that evaporates in a few days.
4) Glycolic acid peel: It also aids in eliminating dead skin cells from the underlying layers. Glycolic acid peels comprise tiny molecules that seep into the skin and obliterate lipids that harbor dead skin cells. The efficacy of this peel depends on the amount of glycolic acid present in it. A more generous amount will penetrate deeper into the skin and minimize acne’s chances and eliminate excess oil. Glycolic acid also helps in controlling melanin.
5) Microdermabrasion: This procedure intends to even the skin tone. It does so with an abrasive applicator that removes the topmost layer of the skin and rejuvenates it. It has akin to dermabrasion and confronts similar skin woes like fine lines, skin spots, acne scars, and wrinkles. Microdermabrasion procedures can also be performed using aluminum oxide or sodium bicarbonate spray. This method is secure for all skin types.
6) Ultherapy skin tightening: Suggestive of the name, this approach helps in skin firming and lifting. It is non-invasive and is used to tighten areas like the neck, chin, eyebrows, and chin. In this process, sound waves penetrate the skin, which causes a contract between muscles, leading to more firmness.
7) Facelift surgery: The primary focus of facelift surgery is on the neck and face. Sagging skin issues: one can eliminate deep folds or jowls with facelift surgery. It is an excellent cure for loose skin.
Modern times have exposed many modes of adaptable treatments. Some invasive, some non-invasive. They all manifest promising results. Instead of contemplating and lamenting about one’s skin, they must try these treatments and allow their sorcery to come through. Many people have achieved triumphant results. One must garner sufficient data regarding these treatments and consult a dermatologist. It is never a bad idea to imbibe a little self-care.