Often people have to communicate in everyday life with partners, customers, go to interviews, and also make new acquaintances. Usually, the first impression is decisive for further communication.
In order for a person to have a good impression, he needs to present himself correctly. Beginners do not always know the techniques of self-presentation, so it is often crumpled.
Self-presentation means telling about yourself in order to attract the attention of the right people and continue to communicate with them.
This is a kind of project where a person talks about himself in the way he needs and also controls the impression of the audience. With the help of an online personality generator, you can get to know about similar personalities as yours.
Types of self-presentation
Conditionally, self-presentation has two parts as natural and artificial. Natural self-presentation is inherent in every person from birth since the individual has his own character, temperament, and desires. To get the character’s name, an online star wars name generator will help you to find numerous names.
The formation of character is influenced by the environment in which a person was brought up, as well as heredity. This self-presentation has a significant disadvantage since innate characteristics cannot be regulated and corrected.
Artificial self-presentation lends itself to sensitive control, and communication with the public is aimed at winning their loyalty. This form of presentation’s preparation in advance, forming a positive image. All disadvantages are presents advantages.
How to present yourself?
If you have never introduced yourself, first you should prepare a plan using the following example:
- First of all, you need to greet the audience and introduce yourself. It should also note that the attention of the audience is very important to you, but not talk about its importance.
- Then you can briefly tell about yourself, mentioning the date of birth, what kind of education you received, and delve into the business information about the work. Do not forget to note the positive characteristics and achievements from the place of work. You should not delve into the past, telling funny stories that happened to you.
- In the main part, you should pay special attention to the stories about your achievements, awards, awards, and incentives. Perhaps you managed to get a job in a short time. But don’t start praising yourself, just share information about your achievements.
- Share your perspectives. Only a person who believes in his own strength can reach heights in his career.
- The structure of self-presentation involves a smooth transition to the conclusion, where you have to thank the audience for their attention and say goodbye.
How to present yourself in an interview?
At the interview, the employer finds out what education the applicant has, whether he has the experience, and also pays attention to personal qualities.
If you still don’t know how to behave in an interview, you can familiarize yourself with the standard template, thanks to which you can get your dream job:
- smile, but not too much, so that it does not look stupid;
- tell us a little about yourself;
- Moreover, tell us why you want to get this particular position;
- In addition, tell us about your hobbies;
- thank the interlocutor for their attention.
Keep in mind that improvising in a job interview is not a good idea. In order for the interview to go well, you need to have a finished copy of what you will narrate.
Such text should present in the form of an essay about yourself so that it is easier for you to remember the information that you provide to the employer.
Rules of conduct when applying for a job
Appearance is fundamental to the interview. You should look confident and calm. You should also take care of clothes and shoes.
All clothing should be clean, ironed, and not overly provocative. It is best to come to the interview in a business suit or trousers with a sweater. Clean shoes are mandatory.
When telling about yourself, provide the manager or director with all the facts that show you your best and confirm your professionalism.
You should not go too deep into the story of the previous work if it has nothing to do with the new one. You also need to be careful about your hobbies, and family data may not always be relevant.
Make sure your phone isn’t distracted during the interview by turning it off. During the conversation, look at the interlocutor, do not cross your arms and legs, and also be moderately restrained.
Show your interest. At the end of the conversation, you can thank the listener for their attention and say goodbye.
Why behave with restraint, describe your positive qualities, and smile? Hiring can be compared to selling a product, because if a person is not satisfied with something insignificant in him, then he will certainly pay attention to another product.
During self-presentation, you are interested in demonstrating your best qualities in a short time and showing everything that you are capable of.
Only in the first minutes of getting to know the public do you have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and talk about your achievements so that a certain opinion is formed about you.
By adhering to all these minor rules, you will have no difficulty in convincing the listener to your side.