Who can generate the e-way bill?
The consignor or consignee can generate the e-way bill as a registered person, and the person who supplies (transporter) the goods can generate the e-way bill.
Can an unregistered person/transporter generate the e-way bill?
Yes, an unregistered transporter can generate an e-way bill by enrolling on the portal of the e-way bill common portal and then generate the bill.
How a person generates the e-way bill describe the process of generating an e-way bill?
Process for generating e-way bill
Go To Official Website:
First, go to the official website of E-Way Bill and click on the button of E-Way Bill Login.
E Way Bill System Login:
Now the registered person has to log in to E Way Bill.
- Username– Enter Username in it.
- Password– Now enter the registered persons E Way Bill password in this option.
- Captcha Code –Now put the Captcha Code in it and clicks on Login.
Click On Generate New:
Now the registered person will be logged into E Way Bill Portal Click here on Generate New in the Drop Down Menu of E Way Bill Option.
E Way Bill Entry Form:
Now the person will have to give his details in this E Way Bill Entry Form.
- Transaction Type – In this the registered person has to select Transaction Type. If the person is supplying goods then select Outward and if the person is receiving goods, select Inward.
- Sub Type– Now select your Sub Type.
- Document Type – Select which is the type of your document.
- Document Number – Fill the Document Number here.
- Document Date– In this, the registered have to select the date of his document.
- Transaction Type– Let it be regular here.
In this, the person will get all the details Fill Up, he will not have to fill anything details.
Now after this, the person will get the option of Bill To, that is, in whose name he has to fill up the full details of the E-way Bill. As soon as he can see their GST Registration Number. Fill all the registered person details GST No. Automatically Fill Up
Item Details: Here the registered person has to fill up the details of the item.
- Write Product Name– Product Name which is in the Invoice.
- Description– Add some description of that product.
- HSN– Fill up his HSN Code.
- Quantity– Now fill Quantity.
- Units– What is the last unit of the product filled.
- Value / Taxable Value Rs– Fill in what is Taxable Value.
- Tax Rate– Tax Rate has to be entered in it, what is CGST and SGST, if 12% Tax then you put 6% CGST and SGST and if you supply the goods then fill IGST Tax Rate. Tax will be calculated automatically as soon as the tax rate is entered.
Transporter Detail: In this, the person has to fill the Transporter Detail.
- Transporter Name – Write the name of your Transporter in it.
- Transporter Id– If it’s Id is available then enter it.
- Appreciate Distance in Km– Fill the details of how much Km the distance will go.
Mode – Select from which mode is delivered.
- Vehicle Types– Select the type of vehicle in it.
- Vehicle no.– Here, add the number of the Vehicle
- Transporter Doc. No & Date– Transporter Doc. Enter No and Date.
Now, after completing and filling all the details go to submit it. Now the E Way Bill Generation will be completed. The person can also save it. So this is the way to make those bills.
If there are some mistakes in the e-way bill, how can it be amended?
If there are mistakes in the e-way bill or it is wrong and wants to amend the e-way bill, it is not possible. The e-way bill cannot be amended. The only option is to cancel the first bill and generate a new e-way bill.
How to cancel the e-way bill within 72 hr.?
Under GST Registration, the Recipient in E Way Bill will have to give the Detail of E Way Bill for acceptance or rejection, if not accepted /rejected within 72 hours, the same will be accepted.
Because of this, the limit of Cancellation is divided into 2 Points.
- It should be canceled before 24 hours of E Way Bill Generation but before that, it has been verified in Transit.
- Or it can be canceled through Recipient’s request but before 72 hours of E Way Bill Generation.