Known for its innovative design and outstanding print quality, Epson Printers are increasingly becoming the first choice of many users. Whether you have access to wired or wireless devices, you can use an Epson Printer to fulfill your printing requirements. However, instances occur when you might encounter issues like Epson Printer in an error state. Such issues can get triggered due to several reasons and can be very frustrating at times. To resolve this, you can follow some simple yet effective troubleshooting methods and ensure continued services from the printer.
Read on to explore why issues like “Epson Printer won’t print” occur and how to get rid of the error state.
Also read: How to set up a Canon lbp6230dw wireless setup Printer on PC?
What Does Epson Printer in Error State Windows 10 Mean?
Before we discuss how to fix issues like Epson Printer won’t print is in error state, let’s understand what an error state means. Error state in Epson Printer is a glitch in the printer which displays the error message as “Printer in error state”. It means that there is a problem with the printer and the printer cannot print your documents and photographs.
Why Does an Epson Printer Go To Error State?
If you have an Epson Printer and it goes to the error state, it means that the printer has connectivity issues or has any hardware-related problems. In such cases. You should first check that the printer is turned on and it is connected to your computer either via WiFi or a cable, such as USB.
Another reason why an Epson Printer can go to an error state is because of jamming of paper inside the printer. The same thing can happen when you encounter issues like Epson Printer error code 000043. Yes, if any paper is stuck inside the printer, the machine can go into an error state. You must open the printer access door to remove the paper out of the printer.
How to Fix Epson Printer in Error State Windows 10?
Now that you have read what causes an Epson Printer to go to an error state, you might wonder how to fix the printer in error state Epson Windows 10. To start with the troubleshooting, switch off your printer and disconnect the power adapter of the printer from the electrical socket. Next, connect the power adapter to the electrical after waiting for about two minutes and turn on the printer to check if the issue is resolved. If the issue still persists, follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue, Epson Printer in an error state:
- Open the access door of the printer and locate the ink cartridges.
- Remove the ink cartridges and check if the ink levels are sufficient. If it is low or empty, replace the cartridge immediately.
- Now, remove the printhead and clean it with a cloth soaked with lukewarm water.
- Let the printhead dry. Once it dries completely, put it back to its actual slot and close the printer access door.
- Ensure that your printer is connected to the correct wireless network. Check if the printer and the device you are printing from are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Check if your computer is installed with the latest version of the printer software.
Epson Printer Won’t Print In Black? Here’s the Fix!
Instances might occur when you notice that your Epson Printer is not printing black. In most of the cases, a clogged printhead would make you wonder why won’t my Epson Printer print black. To get rid of this issue, you need to clean the printhead by following the series of steps we discussed earlier. Once you clean the printhead. Check if the issue is resolved and you are getting the desired print quality output. If the issue persists, check if the ink cartridges have sufficient ink levels. If not, replace the ink cartridges immediately. It is recommended that you use genuine ink cartridges and not the generic ones.
Also read: Is Brother Wireless Printer Not Printing Properly? Here’s The Fix!
Ensure Proper Setup of Your Epson Printer
Correct setup of your Epson Printer is crucial. If you have queries like why won’t my Epson Printer print or why my Epson Printer won’t print in black, it may happen that the printer setup is not done correctly. Also, a clogged printhead can trigger such issues. As we’ve already discussed how to get rid of a clogged printhead and get rid of Epson Printer issues, Read on to explore how to do a proper setup of your Epson Printer.
Your newly purchased Epson Printer comes with a user manual. It includes detailed information on the printer installation, setup procedure, device specification, and many more. So it is recommended that you go through the manual to get an overview of the printer’s functioning. In addition, the manual will help you be ready to resolve any printer-related issues that might arise in the future. Once, you go through the manual, follow the below-mentioned steps to set up your Epson Printer:
- Remove the printer from its package and keep it on a flat surface.
- Plug the printer’s power adapter into an electrical socket and switch on the printer.
- If you prefer using a wired connection, connect one end of the USB cable to the printer and another to the USB port of your computer.
- Now, install the printer software on your computer. In case you didn’t receive the printer driver CD, download the driver from the official site of Epson.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer software.
- Now, access the printer’s control panel to select the wired connection method.
- Go to the Control Panel on your computer and then navigate to Printers and Scanners.
- Locate your printer name and then make the printer as the default printer. Also, ensure that the ink cartridges are properly mounted failing which you may encounter issues like Epson Printer error code 000033.
Once you complete the steps mentioned above, you can try a test print using your computer. In case you prefer using the wireless mode of printing, you can select the WLAN setup option from the printer’s control panel and connect to your wireless network by providing the WIFi key.
So, these are the various ways by which you can eliminate the risk of encountering or troubleshooting some of the most common issues of Epson Printer like Epson Printer in error state, Epson Printer not printing black ink, etc. Follow them the exact way to ensure a seamless journey of printing using an Epson Printer.